My favourite event of the year in my hometown is Ballarat Heritage Weekend. A new annual addition to the weekend is the Apron Festival. The above picture is one of my favourite aprons fron last year, because I love scrabble. Aprons can be entered in the following categories to win prizes:
- Prettiest baking apron – Sponsored by Vegas & Rose – Prize $100 voucher
- Best use of colour – Sponsored by The Crafty Squirrel – Prize $100 voucher
- Vintage/Heritage style – Sponsored by Divine Vintage – Prize $100 voucher
- Use of sustainable practices – Sponsored by De’bee signature balms – Prize $100 voucher
- Wearable Art Apron – Sponsored by Ballarat Heritage Weekend / Ballarat Council – Prize Voucher for high tea for 2 at Craig’s Royal Hotel
- Primary school student – Sponsored by Spotlight – 1st prize – $50 voucher, 2nd prize – $25 voucher & 3rd prize – $15 voucher
- Secondary school student – Sponsored by Spotlight – 1st prize – $75 voucher, 2nd prize – $50 voucher & 3rd prize – $30 voucher
This was my all time favourite apron, with cross stitched space invaders on gingham. Below is one of the event organisers, Morgan.
It's on again this year during Heritage Weekend on May 9 and 10. Check them out on Instagram for tons of pretty apron pictures.